Digital solutions architect
Vacancy No: BSC EX18 29
Job Title: Digital Solution Architect
Business Unit: ITS, Business Service Centre, ESB
Job Type: Permanent
ENERGISE YOUR CAREER WITH ESB
ESB is Ireland’s foremost energy company, committed to providing safe, reliable and sustainable electricity to all Irish households and businesses.
As a strong, diversified utility, we have expertise right across the entire energy market: from generation, through transmission and distribution, to trading and supply.
But that is not all we do – we also supply gas; use our networks to carry fibre for telecommunications; develop assets and infrastructure from wind farms to eCar charging points; and provide engineering consultancy services in over 20 countries worldwide.
We are now looking for an energetic and enthusiastic IT Professional to join our IT Services team.
We design, deliver and support all activities associated with ESB’s IT strategy through innovative IT solutions. We operate one of the most technologically advanced IT and telecommunications infrastructures in the country running over 500 applications as well as being the largest SAP user in Ireland. We also have one of the largest IT spends in the country and we deliver a large number of new multi-million IT projects each year.
The digital solution architect will be responsible for designing solutions for both internal and external users. This role will also be responsible for creating solution architecture and design for new and existing applications that will interface with various technology services, e.g., Azure, AWS, etc. The solution architect will interact with enterprise architecture, management teams, and internal & external development teams to design applications that meet the current business need. Consulting with business units to design solutions that will ensure success for the business while helping maintain integrity of our reference architecture is a key success measure for this position.
- Effective overall solution design
- Effective secure architecture design
- Efficient adoption of the digital technologies reference architecture
- Compliance with industry best practice software and technical architecture standards
- Assist software selection in accordance to IT strategic objectives
- Solution design across Web, Mobile, Cloud, IoT, etc.
- Solution architecture applied to content management, personalization, identity management
- Cloud and server-less focused solution architecture
- Effective communication, collaboration and relationship building
- Leadership of smaller agile scrum teams
Essential/Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Cloud, Development tools, languages, & frameworks
- Sitefinity for Web Content Management
- NET Web Applications
- Responsive UI Design
- SOA by using ODATA/REST and SAP Netweaver Gateway
- Use of Windows Azure for Platform as a Service components
- Experience with Microsoft Logic Apps & functions
- Use of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services for Agile Development
- Experience in IaaS, PaaS, Saas solutions as well as IDaaS
- Agile SCRUM, traditional SDLC, Kanban, Pair Programming
- Knowledge of business continuity planning principles, information security and IT Security risk management.
- Business Process Analysis.
- Project management principles & experience.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate effectively with business units
- A good understanding of the domains the role will be required to interact with i.e. Technology, Utility Industry, Legal, Security, Regulatory & Data Protection.
- The ability to follow architecture principles in designing solutions
- 2-3 years in a similar role
- 5 years relevant experience
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect certification or similar
- TOGAF/ IASA CITA qualification or similar
This position is based in ESB Gateway, Dublin 3. On occasion travel will be required both domestically and internationally.
Note: Please advise and require any accommodations to
assist you if you are called to attend at interview.
ESB is an Equal Opportunity Employer