Project Manager - Transport Planning
Our client is seeking a project manager for transport planning schemes throughout Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years experience, must be chartered and have substantial relevant experience in transport planning and developing transport infrastructure. The candidate will join our busy Highways and Transportation team to be based in their Cork office.
The candidate should be self motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable being a team lead as part of the role. The role will include leading the transport planning services for transport schemes around Ireland, including road, rail, bus corridors, pedestrian and cycling infrastructure, public realm and road safety schemes. The work will cover planning and design stages, transport modelling, preparation of EIA and management of projects for public and private clients.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9) in a relevant discipline.
- The ideal candidate will be Chartered.
- Experience of relevant macro and micro transport modelling software such as Linsig, Junctions 9, VISSIM, VISUM, SATURN.
- Experience in traffic impact assessments, road safety studies, transport corridor studies, transport planning and land use strategies, junction analysis and design.
- Strong working knowledge of road and street design in an urban context including DMURS and the National Cycle Manual.
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes and have a good understanding of MS Project.
- Full driving licence.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
Positive outlook and approachable manner.
Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.